Skip to main content

Need A Babysitter?

I have a great new baby sitter. Not that my kids need a sitter. Ben is old enough to watch the girls when I need him to, and even Emily is old enough to watch Katie now for a couple of hours. BUT...if you need a sitter, or just a mother's helper to occupy the kids while you have a moment's peace to go to the bathroom alone, have I got a sitter for you!

It's called Cyberlink Youcam. This is a program that allows you to create cool effects while you are having a video chat on your computer. We discovered it while chatting on Skype with Kerry.

The glorious thing about it is that you can also use it while you are not chatting with someone else.


Just sit your kids down in front of the computer (one at a time with a specific time limit, unless you like to watch them fight) and give them free reign with the camera. You won't have to tell them how it works. They will just know.


There are various fun-house mirror applications, which are an instant hit.
You can take snapshots, or even a video. Or many videos.

There are frames, stickers, stamps and animations you can add on to a photo.


It's certainly allowing my kids to be more creative.........



........and creepy.

Every time I sit down at the computer I find a dozen or so new photos and videos.

Even the adults in the house are not immune.

Comments

  1. You are so stinkin' funny! You're picture is the best!! Thanks for the smile for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that will do it. :0) GG

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mammogram

I'm having my annual mammogram today. I always hear about how painful they are, but honestly, I've never thought they are that bad. Not the most comfortable, but not painful either. Every time I have a mammogram, I'm reminded of this story. It won the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition and I still get a kick out of it every time I read it. So I'm posting it here today for your reading pleasure: Erma Bombeck Writing Competition 1st place in Humor Category Winner Leigh Anne Jasheway of Eugene, Oregon "The First Time's Always the Worst" The first mammogram is the worst. Especially when the machine catches on fire. That's what happened to me. The technician, Gail, positioned me exactly as she wanted me (think a really complicated game of Twister - right hand on the blue, left shoulder on the yellow, right breast as far away as humanly possible from the rest of your body). Then she clamped the machine down so tight, I think my breast actually turned inside o...

Sumida Watercress Farm

This week, we went on a field trip to Sumida Watercress Farm in Aiea. Ben was not happy about going with us. He grumbled the entire way there about me waking him up early to "watch things grow". Sumida Watercress Farm grows 75% of all the watercress produced in Hawaii. It has been run by the Sumida Family for three generations. One of the most interesting things about this farm is that the Pearlridge Mall was built around it because the Sumidas did not want to sell the land. It's very cool to look at this little farm and then see the city buildings all around it. One wall has the tails of marlins they have caught, each of which weighed over 600 pounds! One was even from an 800 pound fish! Mr. Sumida brought out a giant bowl of crawfish which live in the water. He showed the kids how to pick one up and where to hold it so it couldn't pinch them. Katie picked one up and it promptly twisted itself into a backflip and pinched her finger. We got to walk out through ...

Luau, Luau

This week we attended our first luau! We went to the luau at the Hale Koa hotel. The grounds were just incredible. There were men playing soft Hawaiian music, the plants and flowers were glorious. There were people in native costumes making headbands out of palm fronds, chopping up fresh coconut for us to taste, handing out flowers for us to put behind our ears and handing out seashell leis to each guest. It was very relaxed and peaceful. This was a Samoan man who kept us entertained during the cocktail hour. He was very funny! Check out those tattoos. He said the tattoos were part of a rite of passage that he had to go through. He said it took fourteen days to complete the tattoo and, yes, it hurt. And yes, everything was tattooed. He demonstrated how to climb a coconut tree using only a bandanna around his feet. They picked people out of the audience and gave them a quick hula lesson. Katie was thrilled to be one of the people chosen and of course it irritated Ben because he thi...