Skip to main content

Crowder

We spent the day at Six Flags again!

This time we tried out the Scooby Doo ride which we had never been on before.
I thought it was quite cute as you have a little laser gun on the ride and you try to shoot things as you pass through.


Katie doesn't usually like the wilder rides but she got on this thing with Emily.

It did this when they were on it!
Kerry and I stayed on the ground.

Kerry and the girls also rode the swings, which I usually love, but wasn't inclined to participate in on this particular visit.  Those suckers really went very high in the sky.


They also rode this bad boy.  Katie usually refuses to ride things like this.  I don't know how Emily talked her into it, but she suddenly developed an ability to go on thrill rides!

I used to love rides like this.  As a matter of fact, when I was young, I always said I would never marry a man who wouldn't go on roller coasters.  It was a major criteria for me.  A deal breaker for sure. There was never a ride that was too scary for me.

Now.... not so much.  Not sure when it happened, but there comes a day when you just think, "I'll throw up if I get on that", "I think this one would damage my back", or "What if that thing falls over while we're up there?"  Somewhere along the line, the idea that these are perfectly safe goes out the window.

And of course, the reason we were there at all was to see "Crowder".

We saw him in Hawaii when they were called "The David Crowder Band".  
Now they've switched gears, changed it up, added banjo and fiddle and several other fascinating instruments and it was still just as good!!

Loved it!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mammogram

I'm having my annual mammogram today. I always hear about how painful they are, but honestly, I've never thought they are that bad. Not the most comfortable, but not painful either. Every time I have a mammogram, I'm reminded of this story. It won the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition and I still get a kick out of it every time I read it. So I'm posting it here today for your reading pleasure: Erma Bombeck Writing Competition 1st place in Humor Category Winner Leigh Anne Jasheway of Eugene, Oregon "The First Time's Always the Worst" The first mammogram is the worst. Especially when the machine catches on fire. That's what happened to me. The technician, Gail, positioned me exactly as she wanted me (think a really complicated game of Twister - right hand on the blue, left shoulder on the yellow, right breast as far away as humanly possible from the rest of your body). Then she clamped the machine down so tight, I think my breast actually turned inside o...

Sumida Watercress Farm

This week, we went on a field trip to Sumida Watercress Farm in Aiea. Ben was not happy about going with us. He grumbled the entire way there about me waking him up early to "watch things grow". Sumida Watercress Farm grows 75% of all the watercress produced in Hawaii. It has been run by the Sumida Family for three generations. One of the most interesting things about this farm is that the Pearlridge Mall was built around it because the Sumidas did not want to sell the land. It's very cool to look at this little farm and then see the city buildings all around it. One wall has the tails of marlins they have caught, each of which weighed over 600 pounds! One was even from an 800 pound fish! Mr. Sumida brought out a giant bowl of crawfish which live in the water. He showed the kids how to pick one up and where to hold it so it couldn't pinch them. Katie picked one up and it promptly twisted itself into a backflip and pinched her finger. We got to walk out through ...

Luau, Luau

This week we attended our first luau! We went to the luau at the Hale Koa hotel. The grounds were just incredible. There were men playing soft Hawaiian music, the plants and flowers were glorious. There were people in native costumes making headbands out of palm fronds, chopping up fresh coconut for us to taste, handing out flowers for us to put behind our ears and handing out seashell leis to each guest. It was very relaxed and peaceful. This was a Samoan man who kept us entertained during the cocktail hour. He was very funny! Check out those tattoos. He said the tattoos were part of a rite of passage that he had to go through. He said it took fourteen days to complete the tattoo and, yes, it hurt. And yes, everything was tattooed. He demonstrated how to climb a coconut tree using only a bandanna around his feet. They picked people out of the audience and gave them a quick hula lesson. Katie was thrilled to be one of the people chosen and of course it irritated Ben because he thi...