Skip to main content

A Word From The Lord

I received a message from Jesus yesterday at church. Here's how it came to me:

I was working with the two and three year old children during Sunday School. Some of them have a really hard time sharing. It's a hard concept for kids that age. They don't like to share and they don't like to wait.

One little girl in particular kept taking toys from other kids. Each time I would make her return what she had taken and I would have a little talk with her. "Jesus likes for us to be kind. He wants us to share and take turns."

(Had this been one of my kids, I wouldn't have been nearly so nice. I probably would have smacked someone and possibly snarled at them.)

But these are not my kids, and we are at church, so I have to be nice.

Then, while we were all playing with Play-doh, this same little girl actually took a toy out of my hands. I had another little talk with her about how if she had asked me for the toy, I would gladly have shared it with her - "Jesus likes for us to share" - but that she couldn't just take a toy away from someone when they were using it. She never even looked at me. I might have been talking to myself for all she cared.

So I waited a minute, then reached out and took the toy back.

She was furious. "Hey!" she yelled at me. "Give that back!"

"It doesn't feel good to have someone take a toy from you does it?" I asked gently.

She replied, "Jesus thinks you need a time-out!"

Comments

  1. Too Funny Amy! So, do tell.. did you take a time out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. time-out.....

    trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of the mouths of babes........GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious!
    caroleanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mammogram

I'm having my annual mammogram today. I always hear about how painful they are, but honestly, I've never thought they are that bad. Not the most comfortable, but not painful either. Every time I have a mammogram, I'm reminded of this story. It won the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition and I still get a kick out of it every time I read it. So I'm posting it here today for your reading pleasure: Erma Bombeck Writing Competition 1st place in Humor Category Winner Leigh Anne Jasheway of Eugene, Oregon "The First Time's Always the Worst" The first mammogram is the worst. Especially when the machine catches on fire. That's what happened to me. The technician, Gail, positioned me exactly as she wanted me (think a really complicated game of Twister - right hand on the blue, left shoulder on the yellow, right breast as far away as humanly possible from the rest of your body). Then she clamped the machine down so tight, I think my breast actually turned inside o...

Sumida Watercress Farm

This week, we went on a field trip to Sumida Watercress Farm in Aiea. Ben was not happy about going with us. He grumbled the entire way there about me waking him up early to "watch things grow". Sumida Watercress Farm grows 75% of all the watercress produced in Hawaii. It has been run by the Sumida Family for three generations. One of the most interesting things about this farm is that the Pearlridge Mall was built around it because the Sumidas did not want to sell the land. It's very cool to look at this little farm and then see the city buildings all around it. One wall has the tails of marlins they have caught, each of which weighed over 600 pounds! One was even from an 800 pound fish! Mr. Sumida brought out a giant bowl of crawfish which live in the water. He showed the kids how to pick one up and where to hold it so it couldn't pinch them. Katie picked one up and it promptly twisted itself into a backflip and pinched her finger. We got to walk out through ...

Luau, Luau

This week we attended our first luau! We went to the luau at the Hale Koa hotel. The grounds were just incredible. There were men playing soft Hawaiian music, the plants and flowers were glorious. There were people in native costumes making headbands out of palm fronds, chopping up fresh coconut for us to taste, handing out flowers for us to put behind our ears and handing out seashell leis to each guest. It was very relaxed and peaceful. This was a Samoan man who kept us entertained during the cocktail hour. He was very funny! Check out those tattoos. He said the tattoos were part of a rite of passage that he had to go through. He said it took fourteen days to complete the tattoo and, yes, it hurt. And yes, everything was tattooed. He demonstrated how to climb a coconut tree using only a bandanna around his feet. They picked people out of the audience and gave them a quick hula lesson. Katie was thrilled to be one of the people chosen and of course it irritated Ben because he thi...