Skip to main content

Fast Food Breakfast

This morning I had to drop Ben off at a car wash to support his boy scout troop. It was early and there was a Burger King right next to the car wash so I decided to go to the drive through and grab some breakfast.

I ordered two breakfast shots for Katie. Breakfast shots are like breakfast biscuits except smaller and on a little hamburger bun instead of a biscuit. It comes with egg and cheese on it, except Katie doesn't like egg or cheese so I always have to make a "special order" for her.

"I'll take two sausage breakfast shots but I don't want egg or cheese on them, just the sausage and the bun." Past experience has taught me to be extremely clear about what I want. Otherwise I wind up with a freaked out daughter throwing a fit because there is cheese on her sandwich and it's glued to the bun and can't be scraped off.

"You want breakfast shots?" The lady doing the asking has a strong accent and we are having trouble understanding each other.

"Yes. Two sausage breakfast shots with no egg and no cheese."

"Two of them?"

"Yes. Two. Sausage. No egg. No cheese."

"Do you want sausage, ham, or bacon?"

"SAUSAGE!"

"Anything else?"

"I don't want egg or cheese on those. Just sausage."

"You don't want egg or cheese? Hold on. Let me tell them." She turns around and yells to someone else, "Don't put egg or cheese on those."

In exchange for my clear instructions I received four sausage breakfast shots. With egg.

Comments

  1. Funny!
    I notice you are about to reach 5,000 hits on your blog. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it's easy to get the egg off. Kimberly went in to BK one morning asked for an Oreo shake, They told her "we don't have it this early" Kimberly -"Isn't your motto have it your way" Yes, - " I want a shake that's my way"

    Guess who got a shake.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mammogram

I'm having my annual mammogram today. I always hear about how painful they are, but honestly, I've never thought they are that bad. Not the most comfortable, but not painful either. Every time I have a mammogram, I'm reminded of this story. It won the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition and I still get a kick out of it every time I read it. So I'm posting it here today for your reading pleasure: Erma Bombeck Writing Competition 1st place in Humor Category Winner Leigh Anne Jasheway of Eugene, Oregon "The First Time's Always the Worst" The first mammogram is the worst. Especially when the machine catches on fire. That's what happened to me. The technician, Gail, positioned me exactly as she wanted me (think a really complicated game of Twister - right hand on the blue, left shoulder on the yellow, right breast as far away as humanly possible from the rest of your body). Then she clamped the machine down so tight, I think my breast actually turned inside o...

Sumida Watercress Farm

This week, we went on a field trip to Sumida Watercress Farm in Aiea. Ben was not happy about going with us. He grumbled the entire way there about me waking him up early to "watch things grow". Sumida Watercress Farm grows 75% of all the watercress produced in Hawaii. It has been run by the Sumida Family for three generations. One of the most interesting things about this farm is that the Pearlridge Mall was built around it because the Sumidas did not want to sell the land. It's very cool to look at this little farm and then see the city buildings all around it. One wall has the tails of marlins they have caught, each of which weighed over 600 pounds! One was even from an 800 pound fish! Mr. Sumida brought out a giant bowl of crawfish which live in the water. He showed the kids how to pick one up and where to hold it so it couldn't pinch them. Katie picked one up and it promptly twisted itself into a backflip and pinched her finger. We got to walk out through ...

Luau, Luau

This week we attended our first luau! We went to the luau at the Hale Koa hotel. The grounds were just incredible. There were men playing soft Hawaiian music, the plants and flowers were glorious. There were people in native costumes making headbands out of palm fronds, chopping up fresh coconut for us to taste, handing out flowers for us to put behind our ears and handing out seashell leis to each guest. It was very relaxed and peaceful. This was a Samoan man who kept us entertained during the cocktail hour. He was very funny! Check out those tattoos. He said the tattoos were part of a rite of passage that he had to go through. He said it took fourteen days to complete the tattoo and, yes, it hurt. And yes, everything was tattooed. He demonstrated how to climb a coconut tree using only a bandanna around his feet. They picked people out of the audience and gave them a quick hula lesson. Katie was thrilled to be one of the people chosen and of course it irritated Ben because he thi...